Minara Community Foundation
In 2007 Minara established the Minara Community Foundation for the long-term benefit of the people in the northern Goldfields region and people in the wider communities impacted by the Murrin Murrin operations.
Following an endowment contribution of $1 million, Minara has made additional donations in excess of $1.8 million to Minara Community Foundation since 2007. The endowment contribution has been invested and the donation contributions plus a portion of the return on the investment has been made available each year as grants for use by the community. The funds are intended to benefit communities and future generations beyond the life of the Murrin Murrin operations.
Minara Community Foundation has assisted the northern Goldfields community with $1.7 million in grants across 90 community projects since 2008.
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
Minara Community Foundation seeks project funding applications from community groups and organizations within the northern Goldfields.
Consideration will be given to a wide range of projects which are of a general charitable or benevolent purpose and build capacity in one or more of the following areas in the Shires of Laverton, Leonora and Menzies:
- Education, including training and education opportunities;
- Health and other social benefits;
- Economic development;
- Programs and initiatives for youth and future generations; and
- Culture and heritage, including the protection of Indigenous culture.
Local community and interest groups have until 5:00pm Friday 7 April 2017 to apply for funding.
Ideally, projects applying for funding should commence or occur prior to December 2017.
To apply, read the Grant Guidelines 2017 and complete the Grant Application:
Grant funding is subject to Minara Resources Third Party Due Diligence and Global Anti-Corruption Policy compliance in regard to charitable contributions.
For all queries, contact Minara Community Foundation email@example.com or telephone Minara Resources on (08) 9212 8400.
The following projects received support in 2016:
- $26,507 Menzies Aboriginal Corporation: Community and administration centre upgrades.
- $23,468 Shire of Leonora / Gwalia Museum: Exhibition Gwalia - A Living Ghost Town.
- $19,461 Royal Flying Doctor Service Kalgoorlie Base: Medical equipment - In-flight emergency ultrasound.
- $16,500 Shire of Laverton: Laverfest 2016 Community Event celebrating 120 years.
- $8,000 Laverton Leonora Cross Cultural Association (LLCCA): Local Musicians and Artists Development Project.
- $7,116 Laverton Community Resource Centre: Laverton NAIDOC Celebrations 2016.
- $6,359 Curtin Volunteers!: Laverton Remote & Indigenous Program 2017.
- $5,593 Earbus Foundation WA: Treatment resources for use in northern Goldfields clinical programs.
- $5,400 Leonora District High School: School fruit program 2016 & 2017.
- $1,714.35 Laverton Community Resource Centre: Summer School Science Program January 2017.
- $1,000 Leonora Community Action Group c/o Shire of Leonora: Save the Date ATSI Suicide Prevention Conference 2016.