Minara Community Foundation
In 2007 Minara established the Minara Community Foundation for the long-term benefit of the people in the northern Goldfields region and people in the wider communities impacted by the Murrin Murrin operations.
Following an endowment contribution of $1 million, Minara has made regular donations to Minara Community Foundation since 2007. The endowment contribution has been invested and the donation contributions plus a portion of the return on the investment has been made available each year as grants for use by the community. The funds are intended to benefit communities and future generations beyond the life of the Murrin Murrin operations.
Minara Community Foundation has assisted the northern Goldfields community with over $2 million in grants across more than 100 community projects since 2008.
The Foundation supports charitable projects for community benefit across a range of focus areas:
- Education, including training and education opportunities;
- Health and other social benefits;
- Economic development;
- Programs and initiatives for youth and future generations; and
- Culture and heritage, including the protection of Indigenous culture.
Projects and initiatives should incorporate community consultation and offer a demonstrable benefit to the community.
Community groups and organisations with activities and purposes that benefit local communities within the Shires of Laverton, Leonora and Menzies are prioritized during review and approvals processes.
Minara Resources, our Local Advisory Committee and Equity Trustees work together for the benefit of the local community to oversee the governance and administration of the Foundation and the ongoing grant programs. Groups wishing to access funding will follow a formal application process.
Grant funding is subject to Minara Resources Third Party Due Diligence and Global Anti-Corruption Policy compliance in regard to charitable contributions.
Grant recipients and projects for 2018 will be added to this page in due course. Thank you to all those who submitted applications.
Information on the next grant round for 2019 will be available soon.
For all queries, contact Minara Community Foundation email@example.com or telephone Minara Resources on (08) 9212 8400.
Thank you for submissions received for our 2018 grant round. Grant recipients and projects are as follows:
- $98,659 RFDS WA: Medical equipment (Hamilton Ventilators) in support of RFDS WA Goldfields operations.
- $27,500 Laverton Mens Shed: New Mens Shed Workshop
- $15,584 Walkatjurra Cultural Centre: Equipment in support of ceramics projects for Walkatjurra artists including Ngalia Two-way Learning Leonora School
- $14,659 Menzies Aboriginal Corporation: Lighting equipment for Pioneer Store Gallery
- $8,583 St John Ambulance: Defibrillators for the Leonora and Laverton communities
- $6,480 Leonora District High School: School Fruit Program 2018 – 2019
- $5,000 Laverton Crisis Intervention Service: Sanctuary Garden project