Minara Community Foundation
In 2007 Minara established the Minara Community Foundation for the long-term benefit of the people in the northern Goldfields region and people in the wider communities impacted by the Murrin Murrin operations.
Following an endowment contribution of $1 million, Minara has made regular donations to Minara Community Foundation since 2007. The endowment contribution has been invested and the donation contributions plus a portion of the return on the investment has been made available each year as grants for use by the community. The funds are intended to benefit communities and future generations beyond the life of the Murrin Murrin operations.
Minara Community Foundation has assisted the northern Goldfields community with over $2 million in grants across 101 community projects since 2008.
Minara Community Foundation seeks project funding applications from community groups and organizations for the northern Goldfields.
Consideration will be given to a wide range of charitable projects to build community capacity in one or more of the following areas in the Shires of Laverton, Leonora and Menzies:
- Education, including training and education opportunities;
- Health and other social benefits;
- Economic development;
- Programs and initiatives for youth and future generations; and
- Culture and heritage, including the protection of Indigenous culture.
Local community and interest groups have until 5:00pm Friday 10 August 2018 to apply for funding.
To apply, read the Grant Guidelines 2018 and complete the Grant Application:
Grant funding is subject to Minara Resources Third Party Due Diligence and Global Anti-Corruption Policy compliance in regard to charitable contributions.
Grant recipients and projects for 2018 will be added to this page in due course.
For all queries, contact Minara Community Foundation firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Minara Resources on (08) 9212 8400.
Thank you for submissions received for our 2017 grant round. Grant recipients and projects are as follows:
- $71,500 Earbus Foundation WA: Mobile Children's Ear Clinic Goldfields Region
- $58,700 Redd Horizons, Transcend Initiatives and Shire of Leonora: Striving Instils Resilience 'Sir' Horse Riding Pilot Program for youth, Leonora
- $33,000 Shire of Leonora: Leonora Golden Gift Major Regional Event 2017
- $22,000 Eastern Goldfields Cycle Club: Goldfields Cyclassic and Community Challenge 2017
- $19,800 Shire of Leonora Economics & Heritage Services: Gwalia's Gold, Stage II Exhibition and Permanent Installation
- $11,100 Laverton Crisis Intervention Service: Facilities and Recycled Clothing Project
- $11,000 Laverton Leonora Cross Cultural Association: Equipment for Community Music Program
- $11,000 Western Australian Music Industry Association: Demos from the Northern Goldfields musicians development project
- $6,500 Curtin Volunteers: Remote and Indigenous Program 2017/2018 (Laverton and Leonora)
- $5,000 Nyunngu Gu: Leonora Womens Group
- $5,000 Shire of Laverton Youth Services: Connections to Culture and Country Camping Program